Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Paula Deen Live!

A few months ago, Jon surprised me with tickets to see Paula Deen live in Nashville. It was this past Saturday at TPAC and it was so fun...I only wish our seats were better. I took a few pictures but they are kind of blurry and on Mom's camera. They wanted to come down and spent the weekend with us so they could keep Emma while we were out at the show. Mom's camera is smaller than mine so I took hers (in case they checked for cameras.)

She cooked fried pork chops, mac 'n cheese and collard greens. Jon was like...she sure didn't do a whole lot of cooking! It is her personality that carries it...her husband Michael was there too and they were so comical together. She talked about him getting new "chompers" on Thursday. LOL She talked about baby Jack...he cut his first tooth at 4 months and had them all by 7 months! It was a little bit of cooking, a little bit of visiting, and some Q & A...we weren't really sure what to expect but it was well worth it. I am reading her new book and did you know that she is a smoker? She tries to never be seen smoking and I don't know why but this interested me. I just can't see her as a smoker. Random I know but I am only on page 21. :) Anyways, I just wanted to post a little about what we were up to while I was away from my blog.

It was so nice having Mom & Dad down here again...Emma enjoys their visits so much. They took her on several wagon rides and waded in her baby pool together. It is always sad to see them leave...we are hopefully going to be up there again for Labor Day weekend though. I think we might go up to the lake with some family. We'll have to see how it goes with work and all!

I'll try to post some pics when I can get Mom to upload them. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive