Monday, September 24, 2007

Whew...what a weekend!

We met my parents in Owensboro, KY for my cousin's wedding this weekend. We left here around 4:30 PM on Friday and traffic was heavy through Nashville...we almost got sandwiched once! We made it there by about 8:45 PM and were going to meet Mom & Dad at the Texas Roadhouse near the hotel. We are BIG fans of the Texas Roadhouse and that is usually a staple restaurant when we meet somewhere.

Anyways, we get there and there is a wait so we are hanging out in the parking lot. I, assuming that my wonderful husband has the keys close the door with my purse in the backseat since I am carrying the diaper bag. I actually think twice about just throwing my keys in the diaper bag but go ahead and close the door. Not even twenty seconds later...Jon walks over asking if I have his way, no way, no way! Seriously...I am like borderline OCD when it comes to checking and rechecking that I have my keys and the doors are locked. My Dad immediately starts trying to get the door jimmied open but we cannot locate a flashlight and they call us to be seated. We all order and Emma is just not acting herself at all...suddenly she throws up all over my Mom so we rush her into the bathroom. She is burning up and we have nothing to change her into...I took her extra outfit out of the diaper bag since we brought a whole suitecase of clothes along for the trip. My poor baby...she has never been sick like this ever and of course we are in a strange town and have no access to our car or belongings!
I was so happy that I had not left the diaper bag in the car...we at least had wipes, diapers and Motrin! They bring out our food so Mom goes to get Dad & Jon...Emma gets sick again so Mom asks them to just pack our food up to go. We hop in Mom & Dad's van and drive the 1/2 mile to the hotel.

I am sitting there cuddling my sick baby girl when a lightbulb goes off in my head...our car came with FREE road side assistance to 60,000 miles! So Jon gets on the phone with Kia and about another hour later he is in our car on the way back to the hotel.
We got a dose of Motrin in Emma and got her to sleep but it wasn't very restful sleep. She must have picked up a bug at daycare and she is also cutting her top two teeth...too bad the amber teething necklace I ordered didn't arrive before we left. She was happy to snuggle with Grampa most of the weekend...he was enjoying every moment of it too...only wishing she wasn't sickly. She did enjoy the mirror in our hotel room...she was trying to figure out where the little girl kept going at the end of the wall. So cute. She did not care much for the pool but she did float in a time or two with Grampa just to splash around a little bit.

I think we have decided to write off any future weddings in Kentucky. Three years ago we went to his friend Pat's wedding and we had a tire blow out on the interstate. This time Emma gets crazy sick and we lock the keys in our car. Apparently, we do not mix well with Kentucky and weddings!

BTW, Jon stayed home today with Emma and took her to see the doctor. She thinks she is on the mend from a viral infection and suffering the effects of cutting two teeth (they are starting to poke through!) The teething necklace was in the mailbox when we got home last night so I put it on her...she slept so soundly and she also took a peaceful four hour nap today. I think this necklace is awesome...and its cute!

Some of the better moments from this weekend:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Okay...I am off to give my sleeping punkinhead a squeeeeeeeeeeze then head to bed. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive