Monday, May 19, 2008

GREEN...

I have been trying to slowly do things that are more "green" around our house. I know it is better for the environment and now Emma too. She has diaper rash quite often even though we use the "sensitive" wipes, lotions, detergent, everything. I recently bought some cloth wipes, all natural wipes solution and a wetbag to use on her. The wipes are by Small Wonders and they are so soft! Emma loves them and we also got her the bigger size to use as washcloths in the bathtub too. I have also changed to the Method cleaning products and I no longer have my wrists breaking out after I scrub the tub and toilets. The eucalyptus mint scent smells great too! Oh yeah, the wipes solution I went with was Punkin Booty Bits. It was a sampler pack of baby powder, unscented, monkey farts and snuggles. They smell so good, especially snuggles but I am a BIG time clean smell girl! We have only used the cloth wipes solution a handful of times so far but I'll let you know how it goes. The wetbag was from Lemon Squeezy and I love the fabric.

My most recent find arrived today, Crunchy Clean Detergent. I have a load of laundry in the washer now and there is a hint of lavender chamomile in the air. I love it. I ordered a sample pack of cloth diaper clean, vanilla, lemon and lavender chamomile about a week and a half ago. I think I am definitely going to order more of this detergent as it is all natural and $8 (plus shipping) for 68 loads. I am usually a liquid Tide or Gain girl but this powder dissolved great and it smells so good! I definitely want to try her new Baby Bee scent and I like that I am supporting WAHM's too.

We ordered some reusable grocery bags on a co-op through Diaper Swappers a few weeks ago so we are making the switch. I get so tired of bringing home the groceries in 10 plastic bags with like two items in each one. It just seems like such a waste. These bags, Chicobags, are made like the plastic bags but are nylon. I have heard good things about them and they can be balled up into one bag and thrown in your purse of the trunk of the car. It seems like a great idea and Jon went along with me.

Here's one of Emma in the shopping cart on Mother's Day. By the way, I love her Kozy Pal cart cover. I am getting good at links! lol
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive