Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thinking about birthdays

Emma and I both have one coming up. She will be the big ONE on June 15th and I will be 28 on June 4th. Yikes...I am getting old! My husband asked me the other night for some "ideas" for my birthday present. I had to admit that I hadn't really thought about my own birthday. I've been in Mommy mode and planning Emma's party in my head for months now!

I think we are going to scratch the pink pajama hippo cake idea since I can't find anyone around here who can make it like the photo I found online. I'm sure that if I was able to find a person that was able to create the said cake that it would blow our budget anyways. I think I am just going to bake her cake myself now. I am thinking about getting the "1" cake pan from Wilton and a small flower cake pan to make her smash cake. My Mom and I tinkered a bit with cake decorating when I was in 4-H and I got pretty decent at it so I'll give it a whirl!

Emma is going to have an awesome outfit from ModKid to wear that day too. I can't wait to get it...Patty started on it today! We have talked about making that a birthday tradition for her...a special handmade outfit. Jon & I have also both asked off for her birthday so we can take her to get her one year portraits made before my family gets in town...and in case her smash cake gets a little too messy! I think we might take her to the Zoo for the first time that day depending on when my parents get into town. I am counting down the weekends!

Okay, so back to me...I am trying to think of something I would like. Lets just say that I had a bad birthday last year and he has said he is going to make it up to me.


**I love the Vintage Pearl bracelet Lovelyn got for Mother's Day but I am also not a big jewelry person so I'm not sure how often I'd wear it. Maybe a similar necklace with "Emma's Mommy" written on one side and a picture of her on the other. I know Erin makes those from her Etsy page. Ya know, my hubby loves all the ideas I discover on my own and through Lovelyn!
**I've always said that I'd like a nice pair of diamond stud earrings but I know we can't really afford to splurge like that right now. Not to mention the fact that Emma is a grabby toddler now and I would not want them catching her eye and her ripping them out!
**I love CLEAN perfume (the only perfume that doesn't leave me with a migraine) but I still have about half a bottle of CLEAN Sweet Layer. Although, I did notice on their website about a week ago that they have a new scent, CLEAN Warm Cotton.
**I don't really need any clothes either as I am hoping to lose about twenty pounds soon!
**I would like a new purse since I am carrying a small hobo bag from Old Navy that I paid $6 for about two months ago. It is simply convenient and it fits in the diaper bag!

So if any one has a link to some cute ideas please let me know...I'm afraid I'll revert to my habit of asking for stuff for Emma rather than me. I am such a Mommy!

I am so looking forward to the next few weekends...birthdays and family. I am off for the first time in years on Monday for Memorial Day! I just wish we could spend the long weekend with my family too. I think we are going to set up the little splash pool we bought Emma tomorrow so it'll get warm for the weekend. I can't wait to see how she reacts to the pool...she loves her "baa" time so we'll see. I'm sure I'll have pictures to post!


We are going back home to Indiana the weekend of June 8th so my family can share in Emma Cakes' first birthday too. We are also going back the weekend of July 7th for the "Meet the Baby" shower we are having for Den, Courtney and Peytonn. Yesterday was his due date and he's almost two months old! We were going to reschedule the shower but decided to leave it alone since he was a super-preemie. Besides, how cool is it to have a party on 07/07/07?! Speaking of which...I need to get on making those invitations.

Well, I guess that is all that I can babble on about for now. I need to go fold some clothes and head to bed. 5:45 AM is going to come early...if my husband doesn't make me late again by turning off the alarm!

No comments:

Blog Archive